Friday, May 15, 2009

Faux Pancakes or Vanilla Omelet



Ok...so I was flipping through the book, Naturally Thin, at the bookstore the other day and I saw a recipe for pancakes...yum! I have not had pancakes in a long time, well since that time my husby was trying to be all sweet right when I started to follow zone eating principles. Anyway, after reading the recipe I was salivating just thinking of that yummy syrup and so today I made the Faux Pancake:)
It is simple...too simple...
1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
1 tbs vanilla
That is it! Cook it like you would an omelet, but turn it like a pancake.
I then added 2 turkey sausage links, 9 almonds, a cup of fresh cut strawberries, and 2 tbs low sugar syrup!
Now because of the syrup and sugar this is not "the perfect" meal...but it is a 3 block zone balanced treat!

side note: some people like more or less vanilla- try it out and see what you like best! But please share if you do I love to make things even better!

1 comment:

  1. Here is another great pancake recipe.
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 egg
    1 tsp oil (olive, grape seed, walnut-whatever)
    3 tbsp flour-whole wheat or soy or a mix

    Blend the wet ingredients in a blender until smooth and add the flour. Cook like a regular pancake. I like sugar-free syrup and strawberries on mine. It already has three block of protein. Three bolcks fat. The carb depend on how you use the flour. Soy will slightly change the protein values. (This serves 1 person)

    ReplyDelete