Saturday, July 18, 2009

Baked Chicken

Yum! So this was my first attempt at cooking a whole chicken...I think I did well and it was very easy...though next time I think I will just use bonless/skinless chicken breast cause I ended up not eating the dark meat and peeling off the skin...but it looked
cool:)



Ingredients:
Whole chicken or 4-5 chicken breasts
1 Tbs Kosher salt
1 Tbs black pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
2 lemons
1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup feta cheese
some parsley to make it pretty
First, clean out your chicken (make sure there isn't a bag of organs left inside), then rub the chicken inside and out with a mixture of salt, pepper and olive oil. next place the chicken chest side up in a baking dish and pour the chicken broth over it. Cut up your lemons in half and squeeze one whole lemon over the chicken. sprinkle the chicken with feta (inside and out), add the left over lemon to the inside of the chicken put in a preheated at 400 F oven and bake for 4-60 min.



Tips: I baked the chicken the wrong side up in these pictures and had to bake it longer once I cut into it and saw it was not done. I used a bakers rack to put inside my pan to set the chicken up on. You can also used cut up onions to make a rack for the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment